SHIFT: 6th Annual Flock Fest (virtual exhibition)
Deadline to Enter: Fri July 31
The 6th Annual Flock Fest is an annual arts event that brings the community together to embrace the arts. The exhibit features inspirational artwork that highlights artist’s feats and flights through the thrills of personal and spiritual migration and growth. This year’s theme is «Shift». To shift is to change place, position, or direction.
The Flock Fest brings together a community of artists whose work poses urgent questions around the experiences and perceptions of migration in relation to current global challenges. Through a variety of mediums, artists explore themes of changing geographies and reconstructed identities. The exhibition focuses on how art can be a language shared between people and cultures. It can redefine or reestablish identities that have been lost or abandoned when people move. Despite these shifts and challenges, we must find a way to land in harmony and flock together.
Artists come together to share their works that allow them to reflect on what it means to move through Space and Place. Art can bring up powerful questions around belongingand identity.Artists can either address it directly, or allude to it through interpretation.
This exhibition is non-juried and open to all amateur and professional artists. All mediums are accepted. Limit of 1 work per artist. All ages and artistic experience are encouraged to participate. There is NO submission fee to enter the exhibit, courtesy of the 6th annual Flock Fest.Works will be showcased online as part of the 6th Annual Flock Fest virtual exhibition. *Works may also be projected or streamed at the Leamington Arts Centre in September 2020. TBD. Artists will not receive an artist fee for their work.
How to Submit
- Clearly read and fill out the submission form: https://forms.gle/ge5SR7HKFb9E9Mrw8
- Artists must submit abrief, written artist statement describing their artistic process or
- Photos must be submitted as a high quality photo or scan (at least 72dpi or more)
- Sculptures, 3D work, installations should be photographed in front of a neutral backdrop
- Flock Fest may request a photo retake if an improved image is required
- Label image file: TitleofWork_ArtistName_Year
Flock Fest reserves the right in its sole discretion to decline any works it feels does not meet the above criteria. Questions? Email email@example.com.
This exhibition is non-juried and open to all amateur and establishedartists.All ages and artistic experience are encouraged to participate. All mediums are accepted: photography, painting, sculpture, printmaking, drawing, mixed media, digital, fashion, graphic arts, literature, pottery, and more. Limit of 1 works per artist. There is NO submission fee to enter the exhibit, courtesy of the 6th annual Flock Fest.Public submissions will be displayed alongside featured emerging and established artists selected by Flock Fest Committee.
- All artworks must be originals and not reproductions, prints, copies, derivatives or artworks based in any way on other copyrighted or published artistic works. They must be entirely executed by the applicant.