Why Volunteer + Benefits
The LAC is a member of Volunteer Canada and has adobted their code and we are comited to demonstrating our value in volunteerism. Who can volunteer? Everyone! Volunteers at the LAC are as diverse as the art we display and there are many unique oppotunities to t your interests and time. Knowledge of art is not necessary, just an appreciation for art and the enthusiasm to share it with others.
- Support the arts and a local not-for-profit charitable organization
- Contribute to the LAC’s long history of success
- Make life more colourful by surrounding yourself with art
- Share your enthusiasm and passion for the arts, be an ambassador for the LAC
- Learn more about the LAC and our activities
- Meet and network with artists and arts enthusiasts like yourself
- With your LAC membership enjoy reciprocal benefits to over 80 other institutions in Ontario
- Be recognized for your support at volunteer appreciation celebrations
- Enjoy lifelong learning in the arts
- Secondary students can earn community hours and gain skills and experience
Activities + Training
Docents + Administrative Assistants:
Acquire docent skills and engage patrons by sharing information on exhibits and artists. Help visitors connect with the art and have a memorable visit. Help with administrative and of ce duties, fundraising and marketing campaigns.
Facility + Events Assistants:
Assist with coordination and set up of programs and activities, such as exhibitions, receptions, events, classes and facility maintenance.
Enthusiasm + Get Involved
The LAC offers a complete training program for our volunteers to develop skills and experience. The LAC is looking for individuals who are enthusiasm, initiative, professionalism, and reliability.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED? IT’S EASY!
Simply download the volunteer application below and drop it off or email it to us. Once your application form has been processed you will be contacted to discuss current volunteer opportunities, including those in the area(s) for which you’ve expressed an interest. Please note that all volunteers are required to submit a current Criminal Record Check. The OPP Service supplies these for volunteer positions free of charge.